IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ? CHAPTER ACTIVITIES
We are all facing an uncertain future regarding our health at the moment. Due to the special measures announced by the Government yesterday we feel our Chapter must act in a responsible manner to limit / stem the spread of the Corona Virus within our Chapter and our H.O.G. Community.
I have held discussions with your primary officers and the dealership regarding the implications of continuing with our calendar of events and we have arrived at the following decision.
As of immediate effect, ALL Chapter Ride Outs, Meetings and other social gatherings are suspended until the end of April. We will send further notifications as and when new advice is available. Both HOG and the LIND Group have taken a similar stance and cancelled events and non-essential meetings. As a committee we must ensure we take the appropriate action in the best interests of our members.
This has been a very tough decision to take but I?m sure it is the right one in the best interests of all. On a brighter note, riding your Bike has not been banned. As individuals we can only hope a lone or self-isolated ride will bring us some level of enjoyment in the coming weeks or months.
Any rides should not be discussed on the Chapter or Dealership sites / pages and we would also ask that if you are out riding please do not wear your HOG waistcoats / patches as there is a concern that any groups (however small) out riding with HOG and Chapter patches on could give a negative impression to the public.
Please note all our Chapter communication systems will remain active e.g. Facebook, the web page and email communications.
I will provide a further update on the Jake Spicer run once I have spoken to Oxford Chapter.
Take care all,
TV Chapter Committee
Valley Rally 2020 Postponement
With all the uncertainty regarding our health at the moment we have been continually reviewing advice given to organisations and events by the Government and other bodies. Following the special measures announced by the Government yesterday we feel our Chapter must act in a responsible manner to limit / stem the spread of the Corona Virus within the H.O.G. Community.
We have held discussions with the Chapter Committee and our Dealership and we have come to the conclusion that we must take the decision to postpone the 2020 Valley Rally until 2021.
This has been a very tough decision to make but I?m sure it is the right one in the best interests of all.
We will make further announcements in due course and any tickets purchased for this year?s rally will be honoured for 2021 at this year’s prices. If you are unable to make next year?s rally when we have confirmed the date you will of course be offered a refund of the ticket price.
We hope you will understand the reasons for us taking this decision and we wish you and your families well during these unsettling times.
TV Chapter Committee